Thursday, April 16, 2009

Cameron Masters - Simday 25

50 simyears old, Fall 2007:



((I'd like to thank everyone for their well wishes while I was recuperating in the hospital. This journal was written after my ordeal.))

Well, I presented my novel research idea to Stacy and it failed, bigtime. I can't stay in Simhead Cemetery for an unknown amount of time. She just won't stand for it, and she thinks I'm a kook for even considering it. You can imagine, this took all the wind out of my sails. There's nothing exemplary about a regular novel on ghosts, but if that novel has PROOF, then it becomes a Best Seller! Well, my novel has become shelved, for now, until I can find another way to make it pop.

We settled into our home again, after the hurricane. We had to re-do the kitchen and parts of the bedroom due to the damage from the storm. Stacy and I absolutely love the kitchen, though. Our old bedroom was highlighted in LivingSims Magazine, Issue 8, February 2009 - "How To Use Patterns" article. We were thrilled to see it because they captured little Tyrone sleeping in his crib at the time. Stacy tells him he's the first Masters to ever be featured in a magazine.

It really doesn't take much to make my wife happy. As soon as I put my novel notes away and unveiled those purple appliances in the kitchen, she has been all over me like white on rice. We've been flirting around like we just met. heh-heh. I hope she ain't trying to make another baby!

Turns out she was...what is it about a woman's biological clock?! My wife turned me into a Woohoo machine and lost all common sense! She wouldn't let up! And I was constantly stressed thinking that we might have to buy a new house. That might be why I had the heart attack, but don't tell her I said that to you.


I was eating breakfast one morning before work, talking with Stacy about her new favorite subject, and then I went to take a shower. Everything was fine except I was feeling like I had burnt pancakes stuck in my chest. And the pressure started to grow! I had a difficult time breathing. I got out the shower and had just barely put my clothes on, when I collapsed. It was so quick, I wasn't sure if I yelled Stacy's name or not. I thought I did, but then everything suddenly went black.


Stacy later told me she was on her knees, begging death not to take me. She said she thought about me not seeing this new baby she was trying to have. And she became a bumbling fool. Death just looked at her and felt sorry, I guess.


Well, I got another chance. I was immediately rushed to the hospital, where Trinity was waiting. Irony, ain't it? Dr. Trinity Dalton had my heart in her hands, for once. Whereas I, had held hers in mine for what seemed like forever. But, that was so long ago.

I don't know why, but I was hoping to see glimpses of at least a vague emotion in Trin's face as she examined me, but there was nothing there but a professional air of care and concern. A cold sense of realization hit me, and I felt like that kid again, back in my old apartment, when Trin' ran out on me like I had the plague or something.

I was real glad when my boys came by to see me. Sabien is my dog, my buddy. He showed more emotion than anybody, and was pretty shaken up about the whole thing. I can imagine that it caught everyone off guard, including me. But it's tough to see the Mayor all emotional.

He was crying like a baby. Don't tell him I said that. LOL! Sergio hugged him and everything, and I told him, "Dude, man up. I'm ok." Then we just started cracking on him and we all laughed, including Trinity.


Trinity released me from the hospital with strict rules that I change my diet. I'm not changing nothing. If it's my time to go, then it's my time to go.

I could feel a little tension in the air, as I hugged Trinity goodbye and thanked her for taking good care of me. Stacy was watching our every move. But she need not worry about me and Trinity anymore. That's an old, scratched up record now.

First thing I did when I got home...I hugged my family, my cat Prince, and everybody.


I had the strongest urge to take pictures. I had a photographer, Elmer Valdes, come over and take some pics of my family. We love family pictures around here anyway...but it was important for me to capture these special memories of Fall 2007. It also sparked an interest in Tyisha. She's talking about being an artist or photographer, so we got her a small camera and an easel to sit on her desk.

Here are some of the pics taken that I will eventually frame:



Tyrone and Tyisha both had birthdays coming soon, and I wanted to spend some time with 'Isha-Poo' before she started hating that pet name. You know how teenagers are.

I took her to my favorite place in the world...the library, of course. I should say, the new library. It's really nice. We had dinner there in the restaurant.

And we talked about her Fall term school project. She had chosen to take a picture on why she loves Simmington Hills. I asked her if she had any ideas yet. And she said she did, but she didn't want to tell me what it was; I'd know soon enough. Stacy and I had showed her how to use the camera, so when she was ready to just let me know.

NOTE: (She ended up taking the school project photo of ME. The 1st photo of me, posted at the top of my journal is what she turned in to her teacher, Mrs. Wise. I'm so proud of Tyisha. She told Mrs. Wise that she loves Simmington Hills because her Daddy is here, and he's the smartest man in the world, and she's glad that I am ok.)

No comments:

Post a Comment