Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Sabien Cunningham, Sr. - Simday 15

41 simyears old, (05/23/07):


I'm not an emotional man, I don't wear my emotions on my sleeve, but...my dream just came true, and I want to shout it out across the hills of Simmington!! Ok. calm down, Sabien and hug your wife.





We got an answer back from Mr. Hedrian Appleton, SUN Registry Caretaker at Simmerville, and we've been accepted into SUN! Sims United Neighborhoods! I can't tell you what this means to Simmington Hills. I've been trying to get us in since December 2006.

My new friend, Kristin Pone-Sanchez is the Spokes Sim from Riverdale. Riverdale is a recent SUN Hood inductee as well. We've been corresponding by emails about our neighborhoods, the sitizens, the laws, and our families. She's been a really good sounding board for me.




Tomika has started getting a little jealous, calling Kristin my "unofficial girlfriend"...but, I told her it's just a working relationship. Kristin's married and has a family, too.

These last few days, I've done my absolute best to show 'Mika that I'm trying to spend more time at home with her and our kids, and to my surprise, she finally had us all sit down and eat dinner together....even though it was leftovers from the party. I'm a happy camper now...but, that just goes to show how easy I am to please.




I even paid her back the last little money she lent me in college, but just to show me how displeased she is....she goes and wipes out my credit card. I'm not complaining, I'm just saying that it's hard to please a woman. I've got the money to spend, and her spending was justified. I just wish she would've used some of her own money.

Part of the reason why I've been able to spend more time at home, is because I've got the money saved up, to do just that. Now - I've got to get back out and hustle my ass off again.

"Hunhhh?!!"




Yeah...don't "huhh" me now, 'Mika. You heard me very clearly.

Like I said, the money was well spent. We needed landscaping done for the party, so we did an overhaul of the backyard, installed a pool, I got a nice BBQ grill, and several things were done around the house. I finally built that swingset for the boys, so it's all good.




The most important goal I had this period was to get my boys into Private School. So, I had some workers come out and fix up the yard...cut the grass, do a termite inspection...we've been seeing some wood and wall damage around the house...and we remodeled the 1st floor. Tomika really designed it, and it came out very nice.













It's amazing what a little wallpaper and carpet change can do for a room, isn't it? My boys got into Private School with no problem, and we promptly paid the $2,000 fee we needed to get them switched over.

Oh, before I forget, here's a close-up pic I found of some old pictures that 'Mika dug out of some storage boxes, and had them framed by somebody in SimCity.




She had it done right before Nick's "Welcome Home" party. (That's Marisa Bendett sitting there. She came with Seth Guthrie.)

Well...this is my life. Once again, and it always seems I'm apologizing for venting my feelings, I just hope I don't seem ungrateful. Lord knows I'm very grateful for my wife and my family.

The biggest highlight of this period, came doublefold for me. I got a namesake...Sabien Jr.! Oh boy, the Hills better get ready! What a joy to know that the Cunningham name will remain strong into the next generations, looong after Tomika and I are gone.




I also got to take my boys over to Seth's Barbershop for their first professional haircuts. Every man knows this is a milestone for a father and son to share. *I hope you don't mind all the snapshots, I was really proud of my boys that night.*










Then we played some darts.




I gave Seth a big, deserving tip....




-and told the boys, "That is how you do business. You always give a nice tip."

Seth told them they'll always have a place to hang out down here with him, in his barbershop...off the streets.


No comments:

Post a Comment