Monday, April 14, 2008

Nick Michels - Simday 20

46 simyears old


It's springtime, finally. Time for new beginnings. Our lease was up at Cedar Street Two Flats and we couldn't wait to get the heck out of dodge! We had enough money saved, somehow, to purchase our first home on 94 E. Cedar. Actually, Honey's salary from Suburb Sim soap is what helps us out. If it weren't for that, we'd be living in Cedar Homes.







Lars hooked us up. I told him so, too. That man can build a carboard box and make it look good.




It's nothing fancy, by any means. We can't afford fancy, yet. I'm neck-deep in debt! But, hopefully one day...I'll be able to get Honey the house she's always dreamed of. One that's fit for the Queen that she has become in my life.

---------------------------------------------

When we first moved into our new home, my little Princess wouldn't sleep in her own bed due to all the thunderstorms and lightning. Her mother got tired of sitting up with her, and one night just sat her on the floor where she quietly resumed her sleep. Remember when I did that? Honey almost had a heart attack!

Well, I brought it back up...now, why in the hell did I do that? I got my head chewed off! This time it's different - supposedly because "Keva is not a newborn infant anymore. She can't get too spoiled thinking its ok to sleep with Mommy and Daddy for the rest of her life, she needs to sleep in her own crib." Well, I didn't like the fact that Honey put my baby on the floor, and began to worry that we moved her into this house too fast...maybe she was traumatized by the move? Silly, right?




Honey is trying to teach her - independence. She'll put her in her highchair to eat and just leave her. Whereas, I...I have to sit there and watch her take every bite for fear of her choking.




She's my only child. And I'm sure we won't have anymore. I just want what's best for my little Princess.

It's a shame we missed her birthday. We waited too late to have a party. Time goes so fast, you wish you could have those little moments back, but they're forever gone.




Her mother and I were trying to get our groove on when she grew up...we still like to have our romantic nights together. Thank goodness for that! Most couples our age, are too busy to make time for one another. Honey and I make the time. It seems as though, the older we get and the longer we're together, the more we fall in love. This - from the guy that used to stay on the prowl. I told you I was a changed man!




We made up for missing Keva's birthday by celebrating with some cake I purchased from Saint Rose's Bakery. Boy, was it GOOD! Keva had a little bit too much and stuffed herself. Her Mom almost had a fit. Not only is she my Queen, she's the fitness Queen as well, you know...




Keva got a little embarassed about her belly pooch. The kids at school were making fun of her, so I told Honey we need to find out what Keva likes and encourage her to pursue it. Honey wanted to give her a makeover. It would boost her confidence, so she bought her some clothes that fit her well, and some little Tweety Bird earrings. Cute as a button! And boy, does she look just like her mother! Smart as a whip, too! She likes to do her homework. I'm proud to say she gets that from her Daddy. Her new makeover seems to have worked a miracle on her confidence. Momma was right!










The importance of being a good example for Keva, really is my main goal now. Honey and I make a strong team when it comes to her. And for this, I thought I'd go down to Aldi's and see if Sergio was there. It was time to drop the attitudes and re-build our friendship. I can't teach my kid anything, if I can't teach her forgiveness.

(I needed to buy a new tux, anyway. That old pink one I used to wear, is played out. I don't know why I let Honey talk me into buying that ugly tux...hey, she loves pink and I was all about the panties back in those days. I'd do anything she asked, to get what I wanted.)

So, I'm at the store and the checkout lady looks at me as if she's seen a ghost! What the heck is up with that? I know I've got a few gray hairs now, but I don't look that different!










It made me feel like Sergio put me on blast at his store, or something! What the f@#$ is going on?

Sure enough, when I went outside to get in my car, Serg was walking by and I called out to him. I was gonna apologize and try to work the thing out...he just kept on walking! I know he heard me.




I kept on stepping. What am I supposed to do? I told Honey about it when I got home. Shoot, my feelings were hurt. I'm out in the rain trying to make amends, and he keeps on walking like he's too good to hear what I got to say!

Honey told me we should invite them over for dinner. I let that stew around in my head for a couple of days. I had to go to work. Game Time work, isn't exactly my idea of hard work, 'cause I get to play. But, the pressure was on when Andrew Enriquez showed up. Ed Valdes had told me that was the guy you need to impress to get a good review for your business.



When I'm stressed out, I take my frustrations out on the pool table. Me and this guy played a helluva pool game that night. He beat me. He beat me good, and then took out his pen and paper and gave me a good review! We got the Best of the Best Award, too! And I'm only at a 4 Ranking! The best is yet to come!




--------------------------------------------

I invited Sergio and his wife, Kimberly over for dinner. Sabien and Ed Valdes came, too, I guess for support and mediation. They just showed up, uninvited, really...

My little Princess was outside greeting everybody while me and Honey took a quickie under the sheets. I had a lot of shit on my chest...nerves mostly.

She was the most gracious little hostess, so they tell me.









Serg's wife, Kim, wore her old University mascot costume, to lighten the mood I think. Or she's a little off or something...I don't know which. I think she wanted to give us all a few laughs, if it got too heavy.

It didn't take long for me and Serge to get into it. I was still salty about the other night.




But, I must say...it wasn't long before we had hashed out all our disagreements. He apologized to me for everything. Even for Asya's attempt on my life. He was truly sorry things went down like that. We made up. We're starting over and I think we can put this whole mess behind us now. And, the beautiful thing is, my daughter was there to witness it all.




Shoot, I hugged everybody. I'm glad its over.


No comments:

Post a Comment